Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin Read-a-Thon: You're the One I Want



“You’re the One I Want” Participation Post:
List your must-have summer reading (the ones you read over and over again) or give us some of your favorite recommended summer reads.


Nara
Must-Have Summer Reading
If the only definition of this are the books that I read over and over again, there are probably a gazillion books I could name. As it stands, I'll just name a couple (these aren't necessarily my absolute favourites, but I obviously can't name all of them so I just picked a few):

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Seriously love this series. It's just so well written. Percabeth is the best.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Of course. Self explanatory.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Review. Sidebar. John Green. Again, self explanatory.

Speechless by Hannah Harrington
One word: Sam. SamSamSamsamsam... (if you get the reference, you are awesome)

Favourite recommended summer reads
For some reason, my definition of a "summer read" is basically just a contemporary romance novel. Don't ask me why. It just somehow fits like that in my brain. So here we go:

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This is such a nice book. I just love how the romance is built (not an instalove in sight).

Anything Sarah Dessen
I put up my two favourite Sarah Dessens there: Just Listen and The Truth About Forever, but seriously, any Sarah Dessen is a good summer read.


Chantelle
Must-Have Summer Reading
Summer reads to me, mean books that are light, funny, and have an incredibly sweet romance. Something that you can read outside, preferably at the beach, that suits the sunshine you know. Preferably with a boy from next door.




My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Please look no further, this is THE most perfect summer read. Incredibly sweet romance, the beach is mentioned, and there's a boy next door.

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
This book never fails to make me laugh. It's quirky, and unique, and just flat-out awesome! (See what I did there)

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
This is another ultimate summer read. The first of a trilogy (so plenty more amazing summer-ness), most of it is set at the beach, and somehow, the books are each better than the last. Whenever I read this, I dream of summer.

That Boy by Jillian Dodd
Although the sequel was a DNF for me, That Boy is incredibly sweet. It's about a girl growing up with the two boys next door; packed with sport, and many heart warming moments, it was really an amazing read.

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
In this case, I think I loved the sequel even more! The Vincent Boys is another great YA contemporary romance about those cute boys next door. Hello summer!

Game. Set. Match. by Jennifer Iacopelli
Summer is not complete without sport, and Game. Set. Match. is probably the best YA sports contemporary that I've read. It centres around tennis (the best sport there is), with 4 main characters and so 4 absolutely adorable romances.




8 comments:

  1. Love love love your picks guys! You cannot go wrong with Sarah Dessen for a summer read.

    And Game.Set.Match. is the Summer Lovin Bingo prize!!! We LOVE that book.

    Meagan @ Reviewing Wonderland
    Pink Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with the Dessen books. I loved The Truth About Forever and I really want to get around to reading Just Listen. I also really want to get around to reading the Percy Jackson series because I have a friend who absolutely LOVES it! :D The Fault in Our Stars also sounds like a really good, if not heart-breaking, read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PERCY JACKSON IS AMAZING! I'm trying to get Chantelle to read it sometime too haha

      Delete
  3. I'm planning on reading Vincent Boys and Vincent Brothers. The covers are so delicious and summery :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer lists. I have several of these books on my reader, but have not read a single one. I have read amazing reviews for many of them, which prompted me to buy them in the first place. The Fault In Our Stars is a book that I am hoping to get to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nara I loved Hannah Harrington's Saving June so I'm looking forward to reading Speechless.

    Chantelle that's some fantastic books you've recommended, I'm looking forward to reading Game Set Match and also The Summer I turned pretty.

    My Day 2 Participation Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving June was damn good, but in my opinion, Speechless was way better! I just really love one of the characters in it, Sam :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this list of MUST HAVE summer reads for romance junkies like myself :) Even though summer has ended I am still on the hunt for great love stories and I was so happy to come across this post. My "must have" summer read is "Come Fly with Me" by author Judith Whitmore (http://www.judithwhitmore.com/books/come-fly-with-me/). The book focuses on characters Kate and Rick who are at a point in their lives and at an age where they feel that this is it....this is how they will spend the rest of their days. Rick, a jet-setting pilot, with no need for relationships now that he has a lucrative career transporting celebs all over the world. Kate, a strong intelligent woman, caught in a one-sided marriage with a husband that often-time chooses work over her. Kate and Rick's paths cross when she seeks escape from her boring life through flying and asks Rick to be her trainer. Adultery, passion, death, adventure; the book has it all! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique romance novel :)

    ReplyDelete