Monday, December 30, 2013

Readiculous End of Year Celebration: Books I Should Have Read in 2013

So, for my second and last post as a part of the Readiculous End of Year Celebration organised by Shelly of Readiculous Reads, I'm going to highlight a few titles I really should have read this year. There are probably about a billion titles I could potentially mention, so I'm going to try limit it to ten-ish books. I'll try cover a range of genres too. Well, here goes.




Gone Girl
GAHHH! This book has been on my to-read list FOREVER. And now that I actually have a copy, I really should have read it. But nope. Didn't happen.

The Maze Runner
I really need to read this before the movie comes out. Actually, I should have read it as soon as I bought it. Instead, it sits unread on my shelf....

The Diviners
Well, I know pretty much nothing about this book, and it's pretty much only on this list because I own a copy of it and I hate having books on my shelf that I haven't read.


If You Find Me
Apparently this book is a massive punch in the feels. I'm weird and like reading books that can potentially make me cry because I really don't cry that often because of books.

The Dream Thieves
So....I still haven't read this. And I've seen about a billion raving reviews for it, so I really should have read it by now. Eh, I'll get to it eventually.


Kinslayer
After the epicness of Stormdancer, I should have been scrambling for a copy of Kinslayer. Probably the reason that I still haven't read this is that the library still hasn't got it in yet. I really should just buy a copy.

Steelheart
I really haven't read much Sanderson (I've only read Elantris, his debut novel) but I have got to say, I do like his style. Steelheart has been on my to-read list since August, so you'd think I would have tracked down a copy by now, but for some reason, I still haven't read it...

A Monster Calls
So many people have loved this book (including Asti from A Bookish Heart and my brother) and it sounds really awesome and my local library actually has a copy of it and why have I still not read it?!

Well, that's it. I really hope I can get all of these books read within the next year...



18 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these either! Though I need to read The Raven Boys/The Dream Thieves. And The Maze Runner! There are so many movie-book-adaptions coming up that I'm kind of struggling to get on top of the books. I like reading the books first. Makes me feel patriotic or something. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely like reading the books first too! I'm not sure which is better though. If you read the book first you notice all the things they've changed and get angry but if you watch the movie first, sometimes they don't explain stuff and so you get confused. YOU CAN NEVER WIN. haha

      Delete
  2. READ THE DREAM THIEVES IT IS SO AWESOME AND JAW DROPPING AND MAGNIFICIENT READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!

    Also The Diviners. The Diviners is good. Very good. And creepy. And fun.

    The rest of these books I haven't read. Well, I started The Maze Runner and didn't get very far. I own Kinslayer and The Monster Calls but haven't gotten to them just yet. The others are on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went and bought it so DON'T WORRY I'LL READ IT SOON!! I have a copy of The Diviners too :D

      A Monster Calls sounds so gooood

      Delete
  3. The same thing that happened to you with "A Monster Calls" happened to me with "Gone Girl": I have a copy of it waiting on my bookshelf and I still haven't read it. Soon...

    Mada @ All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know right! You buy the book and then it's on your shelf and then you're like, I'll get to it later. And it never happens :/

      Delete
  4. I still have yet to read The Raven Boys, which I do own there are just so many books. I've been seeing The Diviners around a lot but I haven't actually heard much about it. I might check it out though.

    Stephanie @ http://chasmofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't like The Raven Boys that much (I did like it, just didn't think it was amazing) but apparently The Dream Thieves is absolutely incredible, so we'll see...

      Delete
  5. Yay for another post! Read the Dream Thieves ASAP, you already know how much I love it so....
    Also, I'm giving up on reading The Diviners because that book is HUGE. I recently took out Gone Girl at the library so I need to get to that soon as well! A Monster Calls was really great so yes, you have to read that soon!

    Thanks for participating and thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I do know how much you love it :P
      I know The Diviners is MASSIVE! And it's not like the font is really large or anything, it's just a huge book. I like long books though haha

      Delete
  6. I liked the Maze Runner, but the ending annoyed me to no end, so it's not one I'd put at the top of the list(and I personally haven't felt any desire to continue on with the series).
    I really want to read The Diviners just because of the hardback cover, but it's so long, which normally isn't a problem, but for some reason this book just intimidates me. And I know it's a mystery and I've heard it gets quite scary in places so being the scaredy-cat I am, not sure I can handle it.
    A Monster Calls is just a STUNNING book, though. I definitely recommend it! It's definitely one of the best books I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's disappointing! I just bought myself a copy because there was a book sale and it was really cheap haha. I didn't really like The Eye of Minds that much, so not too sure about Maze Runner anymore...

      Oh, is it a scary book! I had no idea. For some reason I had it down as some sort of historical something. And yeah, I know practically nothing else about it lol

      I'll definitely have to borrow A Monster Calls at some point. Looking forward to it :D

      Delete
  7. Don't worry. I still need to read The Raven Boys, The Diviners, and Steelheart (among others) too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha there are so many hyped up books that I haven't gotten around to reading. It'll happen at some point....

      Delete
  8. Haha yes, you should have read Steelheart. A Monster Calls, too. You should remedy it in 2014 :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of this books!! They have being on my TBR and I never get to them. Probably this will be the year to read them. Love your picks :)

    Katering @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get all of them read this year. I've already made a start on Dream Thieves :D

      Delete