Saturday, February 15, 2014

Book Blogger Love-a-Thon: Interview with Rebecca from The Library Canary


Evident from the button above, this post is a part of the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon, an event which you can read about here. It's hosted by Katelyn and Alexa and is basically an event to celebrate book blogging! Also, this post is supposed to be up at 9am EST but I suck at time conversions so I'm just posting 9pm Australia time. Better early than late I guess haha.

Anyway, as part of the Love-a-Thon, each blogger was paired up with another blogger in order to do interviews and spread the book blogger love! I was paired up with Rebecca from The Library Canary. So, let's get straight into it. Here are the questions I asked her!


1. Okay, I’m just going to start off by asking a relatively boring but necessary question: can you tell us a bit about yourself and your blog?
My name is Rebecca and I'm a 22 year old book lover. I used to read all the time when I was younger and then kind of fell out of it in college. But then after college I rediscovered the library and with it, my love for books, specifically YA. I decided that I wanted a place to discuss all these awesome books and my blog was born. I named it The Library Canary because I am obsessed with the library and I have blonde hair and canaries are yellow so yeah...thought that fit. I post reviews and discussion posts, participate in a couple memes like Top Ten Tuesday and basically post whatever else I'm inspired to write. It's almost my one year blogoversary and I can't believe I've stuck with it this long. I absolutely love blogging and hope to be around for a long time!

2. Would you rather be able to read only one book forever (and as many times as you want) or be able to read any book you like, but be unable to read the last chapter of every book? (mwahahahahahaha)
Okay, this question is evil. I think that if I had to choose I would read any book I like without being able to read the last chapter. Because as much as it would kill me to not know what happens, I would also hate not being able to explore new worlds all the time. My favorite thing about books is exploring new worlds and getting to know new characters. Also, I couldn't just pick one book. I would have no idea which one to choose.

3. What book are you currently reading, what book did you read last and what book do you think you’re going to read next?
I just finished Cress by Marissa Meyer which was amazing. Seriously, if any of you reading this haven't started the Lunar Chronicles series, what are you waiting for? They are awesome. I think I'm going to be reading Perfect Lies next by Kiersten White which is the sequel (and final book) to Mind Games. I enjoyed Mind Games and am looking forward to seeing how it's going to end. Oh and before I read Cress, I read Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi which was amazing!!! I get to meet all three of these authors in the next two weeks and I am beyond excited!

4. Not including Harry Potter (because lez be honest, everyone wants Hogwarts), what book do you think you’d most want to live in?
So first of all, confession time. I haven't read Harry Potter. *hides from the internet* (Nara: o.O) I wasn't allowed to read the books when I was a kid and just never picked them up once I was older. I do want to read them though and my goal is to at least read the first one by the end of 2014.

The world I would most want to live in...hmmm...what a tough question. I think if I had to choose I would want to live in The Girl of Fire and Thorns series. Because I would want Elisa as my queen. She's amazing and strong and such an inspiration. I also wouldn't mind ogling Hector... (Nara: you and me both haha)

5. What 2014 releases are you looking forward to?
How the heck am I supposed to answer this?? So many!! Um let's see, The Winner's Curse (I am dying to get my hands on a copy of this), Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3 because I'm in love with Chaol Westfall), Ruins by Dan Wells, Dorothy Must Die, Prisoner of Night and Fog, Death Sworn, The Young Elites...Okay I have to stop or this is going to get out of control. But basically a lot. There are so many good books coming out this year!

6. We ask this question of everyone featured on the blog- what would be some of your Panacea Candidates?
Definitely the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. This series is amazing, definitely one of my favorites that I will push on everybody. I would also have to say the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I have so much love for this world and every single character she has created. I also just finished reading Me Since You by Laura Wiess. I will push it on everybody who likes books that make you cry. You will sob, but it is so heart-breakingly good.

7. And last question: since this is the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon, are there any blogs that you’d want people to check out?
Jamie from The Perpetual Page-turner: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/ (Jamie has super thoughtful reviews and is the nicest person!)

Betty from Book Rock Betty: http://bookrockbetty.com/ (Betty is hilarious, creative, and just generally awesome. She has a lot of really unique features.)

Pam from YA Escape Reality: http://yaescapefromreality.blogspot.com/ (I love Pam. She always takes time to visit other people's blogs and we email back and forth about books a lot.)

Brittany from Book Addict Guide: http://www.bookaddictsguide.com/ (Brittany is awesome. Her reviews are great and she is also super nice. She's also obsessed with the Lunar Chronicles so she's another one who will push that series on you!)

Kelly from Belle of the Literati: http://belleoftheliterati.blogspot.com/ (Kelly hosts Book Bangin', a monthly feature I participate in where we talk about book boyfriends. Naturally her and I get along great since we're both obsessed with book boys!)

Lauren from Lose Time Reading: http://losetimereading.com/ (Lauren is sooo nice! I love chatting with her on twitter and on each other's blogs!)

Hannah from The Irish Banana: http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/ (Hannah as introduced me to a bunch of DC bloggers since I recently moved to the DC area. She is super sweet and does this awesome feature on her blog called ARC Essentials with really helpful information for newer bloggers.)

Kate from Ex Libris: http://exlibriskate.com/ (Kate was my TBTB Secret Santa this year and she gave me some awesome books including A Mad Wicked Folly which I loved!! Another super sweet blogger that you all need to meet.)

There are so many more that I love so just go out there today and give bloggers all the love!

Thanks so much for having me, Nara! Your questions were super fun to answer! Except #2...that was just pure evil...

haha evil questions are the most fun to ask :P
Thanks for answering all the questions, Becca!

So, people, I'd definitely recommend going to check out Becca's blog because it's really awesome! Also, I'm kinda curious to see what other people's answers are for Question 2. So go ahead and answer it in comments if you like :)