Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Favourites Breakdown

It's almost the end of the year, so I thought it's now time to look at some of the stats to do with my favourite books from this year.

Here's the list of my favourite books from this year:
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
The Crimson Campaign by Brian McClellan
Traitor's Blade by Sebastian de Castell
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Cress by Marissa Meyer
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
Ruins by Dan Wells
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan


So that translates to a roughly 10% favourite rate, which is surprisingly high! One in ten books is a favourite. These numbers are books I've read so far this year as of writing this post- which is the 27th of November. I've probably read more books by the time this goes up.

I actually read a wide variety of genres, but clearly, my favourite is high/epic fantasy. I feel like I read a lot of contemporary novels that make it to "incredible" but not to "favourite". Just missing that extra something, I guess.

So clearly I've read a crapload of Brandon Sanderson books- I actually discovered him this year, and he's become my favourite author. Pretty much every single book of his has become one of my favourites.


The one book I don't own a copy of (yet) is The Crimson Campaign! And that's only because I'm waiting for the smaller version to come out so that it matches my copy of Promise of Blood.

Some questions for you!
Have you read any of these books?
What have your favourite books this year been?
Any dominant genre where your favourites lie?